National Utility Contractors Association of Ohio Welcome!
NUCA of OHIO is a unified peer group focused on creating an environment of mutual respect and voice for all participants of the underground utility construction industry.
How do we accomplish this?
- Encourage contractors, engineers, associates and owners to participate in open forums, training programs and development -We share vision
- Open exchange of experience and ideas- We share ideas
- We volunteer our time and talents -We share success
Utopia East Pipeline Route = Work for Utility Contractors
The Utopia East pipeline is a $500 million common carrier project, which will include a new approximately 240-mile, 12-inch diameter pipeline constructed entirely within the State of Ohio from Harrison County to Fulton County. The new Utopia East pipeline will connect with and utilize existing Kinder Morgan pipeline and facilities to move ethane and ethane-propane mixtures eastward to Windsor, Ontario.
These ethane and ethane-propane mixtures are initially planned to be used primarily as a feedstock for producing plastics that will be made into products, such as containers, bottles, home rugs and automotive parts. These products will largely be distributed to manufacturers, businesses and homes throughout the larger Great Lakes region.
The Utopia East system will help meet the growing demand for Ohio’s Utica Shale energy by safely delivering refined or fractionated products to its customers. Utopia East will have an initial capacity of 50,000 barrels per day (bpd) with the construction of two pump stations. The pipeline capacity can be expanded to more than 75,000 bpd with the construction of additional pump stations.
For Details, go to: http://utopiapipeline.com/overview/
OSHA Safety Information Available
Several critical OSHA issues are being monitored by our association. Below are resources on each to keep you up to date. For more information please call the NUCA-Ohio Office at: 888-294-0084!
1. Hazard Communication Labeling Standards
Click here for the new hazard communication training standards
Click here for the new hazard communication label and pictogram standards
Click here for Quick Card pictogram
Click here for Quick Card label
Click here for Quick Card safety data sheet
2. New Crystalline Silica for Construction Rule - Information and Guidelines for Compliance
Information and Guidelines for Compliance
3. Rules about posting of the OSHA 300 logs and the deadline
REMINDER: Public Construction Procurement Drastically Changed
There have been significant changes to public construction – methods and procedures.
- Permits the use of two new alternative delivery methods (except Ohio Turnpike Commission): Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) and Design Build (D/B).
- Eliminates the mandate to bid a project by both single and multiple prime methods.
- Increases project cost threshold triggering competitive bidding from $50K to $200K.
- Prevailing wage changes include threshold coverage increased and refines the definition of a public project.
Have questions? Call the NUCA Ohio Office at 888-294-0084 for more information or use your Legal Services Plan and call Dunlevy, Mahan & Furry for your free monthly consultation at: 937-223-6003. \